Re: No feedback from systemd / "systemctl stop X"... Nothing on stdout, nothing that `echo $?` can see...

On 13 March 2015 at 07:38, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:34:59PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > But what's the point of such a symlink?
>
> It does no harm, and if a beginner is following a tutorial that expects
> /etc/httpd/log, it will still work.

The symlink `/etc/httpd/log` is just terrible.

If you wanna do a "grep -r myconf /etc", it will scans /var/log... So,
yes, it is a total utter crap.

I'm glad that Debian cares about this kind of specifications. And that
is precisely why I'm a Debian fan.

Cheers!
Thiago