Re: Debian 7 and UEFI/GPT

Quoting Bret Busby (bret.busby@gmail.com):

> I note that, after visiting the web page at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface
> to which I have been referred, in another message posted in this
> thread, I found
> "while Insyde Software offers InsydeH2O, its own implementation of Tiano."
> which contains a link to the wikipedia web page about that company, at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insyde_Software
> which contains a link, toward the bottom of that web page, to the web
> site for the company, at
> http://www.insydesw.com/
>
> So I thought that it would be a good idea to go to the company web
> site, and find a contact email address for the company, and send them
> an email, stating that the software that is the
> "InsydeH20 Setup Utility Rev. 3.7" for the particular computer, is
> defective, as described above, and ask when the company intends to fix
> the defect, and supply the corrected software.
>
> But, in going to the company web site, I found the web site to be one
> of those malicious web sites, that crash web browsers (the web browser
> starts displaying the home page of the web site, and then crashes,
> while downloading the home page of the web site, and, I have tried to
> access that web site, a number of times, and, each time, it crashed
> the web browser), and so, I have no confidence in that company. Its
> software is defective, and, its web site is malicious.

I did much the same, except via google. And I ended up at
http://www.insyde.com/ which didn't give me problems but also didn't
seem aimed at the likes of me; more for manufacturers.

So I added your "sw" and noticed that this (very different) page tried
to run a flash thingy. (My system won't start them by default, a
"problem" that I now see as a feature.) So that might be the issue.

I hate the fact that I can't even read my gas bill except as a flash
presentaion. Ugh.

Cheers,
David.