Re: old software

On 03/10/2015 08:23 PM, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2015-03-10, James <bjlockie@lockie.ca> wrote:
I installed Debian7 but it has old software.
I manually installed LibreOffice-4.4 (LibreOffice-3 was the default).

I also want to upgrade VNC because the default is v2.0.3 and the current
version is 2.2.0.
I followed the instructions on the videolan.org website to add the
backports repository but I get this error:
or been moved out of Incoming.

   vlc : Depends: vlc-nox (= 2.1.5-1~bpo70+1) but 2.0.3-5+deb7u2+b1 is to
be installed
         Depends: libvlccore7 (>= 2.1.0) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: vlc-plugin-notify (= 2.1.5-1~bpo70+1) but
2.0.3-5+deb7u2+b1 is to be installed
         Recommends: vlc-plugin-pulse (= 2.1.5-1~bpo70+1) but
2.0.3-5+deb7u2+b1 is to be installed

It's not clear what instructions you followed nor what commands you
executed, but try this:

	apt-get install -t wheezy-backports vlc

Please see http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/ for the official
Debian instructions.

FYI, libreoffice 4.3 is also available in wheezy-backports.

These were the instructions:
www.videolan.org/vlc/download-debian.html

Same command as you posted.
Same error as before.