Re: iceweasal vs long urls. Long url wins, iceweasal doesn't

On Tuesday 10 March 2015 10:56:03 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 March 2015 14:31:53 The Wanderer wrote:
> > Above, you say that you're running kmail 1.13.7.
> > However, according to 'apt-cache policy' on my computer, the version
> > of kmail in current stable (which is codenamed wheezy) is 4.4.11.
> > That's quite a version difference.
> >
> > What exact version numbers are you working with, here?
>
> Gene is using TDE R14, a fork of KDE3, because he liked the old KDE3.
> KMail is the current name still of the KMail application in TDE.  It
> is what I am using.  But the current KMail is 1.9.10, which is what
> Gene must be using, so I am a little baffled as to where 1.13.7 comes
> from .  Full name for use in apt kmail-trinity.

I think, Lisi, that that is the version in wheezy.  But as noted the
fonts are broken in the message window only, so the change to TDE R14,
since no one here seemed to understand what I was saying about the
broken fonts, was forced on me just so I could read incoming messages
without launching a reply editor.

> > Here, you say you're running "the .5 release" of kmail, with the
> > implication that "the .7 release" is what is provided in wheezy.
>
> This refers to KMail in KDE4, so I'll pass!
>
> Lisi

Somewhere in this confusing trail of looking for something that actually
worked, I recall seeing a 4.13.7 or .5 version of kmail, and it looked
exactly like the 1.13.5 versions, IIRC.  I haven't a clue what the real
difference was.

Thanks Lisi

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)