Re: Debian Customization

Ok..Thank you very much

I will give Xfce a try..

Regarding programming..yes i am quite good with Java..well i am still learning it..Can java be used to develop packages and applications for Debian?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Petter Adsen <petter@synth.no> wrote:
On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 18:08:07 +0400
Gajadur Dwijesh <dwijesh1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for replying...

You are welcome. :) However, it is common to address replies to the
mailing list, so that anyone who searches the archives later for the
same problem have access to the entire thread. I'm just saying this so
you are aware of it in the future.

> Well i am using the LXDE desktop environment.

I don't know LXDE very well, but you can look at http://lxde.org and
especially http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Main_Page for further information.

If I'm not mistaken, LXDE is now in a process of merging with another
project, and will be called LXQt in the future. I do not know if there
will be any further development on LXDE.

Also, Xfce might be a better choice for you if you are a beginner to
Linux, you might want to take a look at it. You can have both installed
at the same time, and choose which one you want to use when you log in,
so you can easily switch between them. Xfce is also very lightweight,
it does not consume a lot of memory or CPU resources.

> I actually new to Debian and Linux..but i am very eager to learn about
> Debian..i also want to participate in the community projects.
> can you help me out to integrate the community?

If you want to get involved, you might want to consider ways you can
contribute in. Can you program? In that case, there are probably a lot
of projects that would like some help. If you can't program, you can
for instance help with translating projects into your native language.
Almost all the major projects have translation teams, find a project
that needs translators for your language, and introduce yourself to
them. You will normally find information on this at their web pages.

Otherwise, if you want to learn about Debian, just stay on the mailing
list, and ask questions if there is something you do not understand, or
if you need any help. The whole community is there to guide you, and
very helpful.

Welcome to Linux and Debian! :-)

Petter

--