Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On Wed 25 Feb 2015 at 15:14:16 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 February 2015 12:36:19 Brian wrote:

> > > I'll argue that point, something has changed between wheezy and lucid
> > > that is now causing the bug.
> >
> > You can dispute it as much as you want but I am sitting in front of a
> > machine running ubuntu-10.04.4-desktop-i386 with a print queue set up
> > for an HL-3170CDW with Brother's packages. The GTK print dialogue shows
> > Two-sided printing as "Not available". Does your setup show something
> > different?
> >

> And the GTK dialog is used with which programs?  Likewise the QT4 version is
> used with which programs? At least one of them is not proud enough of its
> name to offer up its name up for  public view, or ridicule as the case might
> be.

Let's have no more of this nonsense bydirecting attention away from the
major point of my previous mail. You stated in your second post in this
thread that

  I am not sure how ununtu-10.04.4 LTS did it but it Just Worked.

You have repeated that claim in other mails. Whatever "Just Worked" was
never specified. It certainly wasn't what I describe above - Two-sided
printing is marked as "Not available"in the GTK and Qt print dialogue.

You can wriggle as much as you want, you have no evidence to back up
what you contend. Whatever you thought worked didn't.