Re: Corrupted USB drive

On 25/02/15 03:09 PM, German wrote:
Hi list, can't mount my usb drive. It seems it is corrupted. I tried to run ntfsfix and here is its ouput:
digger@digger:~$ sudo ntfsfix /dev/sdc1
Mounting volume... ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
Failed to read of MFT, mft=17625 count=1 br=-1: Input/output error
Inode is corrupt (5): Input/output error
Index root attribute missing in directory inode 5: Input/output error
FAILED
Attempting to correct errors...
Processing $MFT and $MFTMirr...
Reading $MFT... OK
Reading $MFTMirr... OK
Comparing $MFTMirr to $MFT... OK
Processing of $MFT and $MFTMirr completed successfully.
Setting required flags on partition... OK
Going to empty the journal ($LogFile)... OK
ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
Failed to read of MFT, mft=17625 count=1 br=-1: Input/output error
Inode is corrupt (5): Input/output error
Index root attribute missing in directory inode 5: Input/output error
Remount failed: Input/output error

If anyone can suggest how I can recover my drive and what is exactly a problem, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Testdisk might be able to help.