Re: SCIM - terminal spreadsheet - sc fork

On 02/23/15 13:00, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 09:01:22AM +0100, Christian Groessler wrote:
Why not just keep the original name, "sc"?

I don't think it's actively developed elsewhere, so the new improved version
could be distinguished by the version number.
That sounds like a recipe for confusion. Some people, no doubt still use
the old version.

Could be, although I don't think so.

Is there any software that has done this? AFAIK, all forks have changed
the name.

"fork" implicates two or more (independend) development branches.

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, "sc" was orphaned since at least 15 years.

So, the OP when he started to add new features/bug fixes/etc., created a "new version", not a "branch". So an obvious thing would be to bump the version number. Now if someone else shows up to independently improve the program, (s)he should
create a branch.

regards,
chris