Re: SCIM - terminal spreadsheet - sc fork

On 2015-02-22, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Well, I suppose that all depends how you pronounce tty.  I hear people
>> pronounce pty like pitty.
>
> tetty-calc?  Try a,e,i,o,u,y.  There isn't actually much choice left!! But
> tetty-calc is fine.

Well, if pty is pronounced pitty, then tty should be pronounced ...

Oh, I see, that wouldn't do, now, would it, so let's try
left field?

curty@einstein:~$ dict tty
3 definitions found

>From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (26 July 2010) [foldoc]:

 tty

   <hardware> /tit'ee/ ({ITS} pronunciation, but some {Unix}
   people say it this way as well; this pronunciation is not
   considered to have sexual undertones), /T T Y/

Sexual undertones!

--

"The world is full of shipping clerks who have read the Harvard Classics."

— Charles Bukowski