Re: multiarch broken?

Op Mon, 16 Feb 2015 18:55:24 +0100 schreef Berthold Cogel <cogel@uni-koeln.de>:

Am 16.02.2015 um 12:39 schrieb Floris:
Op Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:32:16 +0100 schreef Berthold Cogel
<cogel@uni-koeln.de>:

It seems that some of the amd64 and i386 packages are available in
different versions, which causes the conflicts..

You are right, the versions of libc6:amd64 and libc6:i386 have to be the
same.

I think you have manually installed a libc6 version from testing. The best
solution is to downgrade the testing version to the wheezy version. Try
apt-get install --reinstall libc6=2.13-38+deb7u7
or use synaptic to get the version right.

success,

floris

Thanks for the answer...

I don't remember using testing on this system so I don't know how this
could have happened. I think I will reinstall the system ... after some
additional backups. Reinstalling libc6 will leave me with an almost
blank system so a clean install is the better option:

Or update the system to testing. (In a couple of months Jessie will become
the stable version.)

success,

floris