Re: multiarch broken?

Op Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:32:16 +0100 schreef Berthold Cogel <cogel@uni-koeln.de>:

Hello!

My system is a debian wheezy amd64 with multiarch enabled since I
installed eagle (i386 only) some time ago. I also had teamviewer (i386)
installed. The system was up to date most of the time.

LANG=C apt-get install libc6:i386
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 libc6 : Breaks: libc6:i386 (!= 2.19-7) but 2.13-38+deb7u7 is to be
installed
 libc6:i386 : Breaks: libc6 (!= 2.13-38+deb7u7) but 2.19-7 is to be
installed
 libcairo2 : Depends: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.9.0) but it is not going to
be installed
             Depends: libpixman-1-0 (>= 0.21.6) but it is not going to
be installed

It seems that some of the amd64 and i386 packages are available in
different versions, which causes the conflicts..

You are right, the versions of libc6:amd64 and libc6:i386 have to be the same.

I think you have manually installed a libc6 version from testing. The best
solution is to downgrade the testing version to the wheezy version. Try
apt-get install --reinstall libc6=2.13-38+deb7u7
or use synaptic to get the version right.

success,

floris