Re: Upgrading Kernel - Out of Disk Space

On 2015-02-12, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're right in the case of conventional LVM. But OP is using an
> encrypted one, and resizing an encrypted LV is much more complex
> (it requires lvresize, cryptmount and resize2fs in the right sequence).
> It's presumably possible (never done it personally), but complex.

This is good to know. However I don't understand what you get for your
money using an encrypted *LVM* file system if the commodity of resizing
(or reallocation) is more or less removed from the picture.

--

“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class
is running the country.” – Kurt Vonnegut