Re: Upgrading Kernel - Out of Disk Space

 Hi.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 23:55:42 -0500
Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

> The problem is that your / partition only has 314M allocated to it. This
> is ridiculously small. I understand people use LVM because it supposedly
> makes adding more space easier.

You're right in the case of conventional LVM. But OP is using an
encrypted one, and resizing an encrypted LV is much more complex
(it requires lvresize, cryptmount and resize2fs in the right sequence).
It's presumably possible (never done it personally), but complex.

> Figure out how to use LVM to increase
> your / allocation to something more reasonable. 20G is what I would
> normally use as a minimum, with more for desktop use.

Why? OP is using separate LVs for /usr and /var, so those 20G would be a
dead weight. 2G for / would be plenty.

Reco