Re: GRUB legal disclaimers before the menu

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 12:28:31PM +0300, Reco wrote:
>  Hi.
>
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 11:41:11PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> > > Try putting a disclaimer inside the menuentry, i.e.
> > >
> > > menuentry "<legal_goes_here>" {
> > > 	echo 'You shouldn't be here'
> > > }
> >
> > This looks like a good idea; in fact, it may be the only way of getting
> > close to what the OP wants. Hpwever, the problem might be the length of
> > the disclaimer for setparams ("<legal_goes_here>"). The GRUB menu
> > displays the text on one line and, with line wrapping not apparently
> > available, much of it will not be on the screen.
> >
> > I would also query the purpose of the second line in the stanza.
>
> Simple. A menuentry like this is a legitimate menu entry, i.e. user can
> try to choose it and press enter. IMO GRUB should do *something* in this
> case.

As Grub supports multi-level menus, I would suggest that the "neatest"
solution would be a number of "false" menu entries at the top level,
each of which is titled with a line from the disclaimer. Each menu THEN
links through to a secondary menu which is the real boot menu.

So something along the lines of:

submenu "Disclaimer:" {
   menuentry "Linux" {
      linux   /vmlinuz