Re: 3rd new wheezy install

> If you like, you can make the partitioner dumber. If you partition the
> drive as you prefer BEFORE running the installer, then the installer
> will not move the existing partitions. This is a perfectly cromulent
> use-case for the installer (you might, for example, prefer to use
> Windows-based tools to shrink your Windows partition, or you might have
> some 'awkward' software that requires a partition to be set up "just
> so". The installer will only make partitions if you tell it to.

That's what he did in the beginning (partitioning beforehand), but he
couldn't get the installer to recognize, detect, or use the partitions
he'd created (or something to that effect; I don't know whether he ever
said just exactly what extraneous partitioning tools he employed, laboring
under the false impression that the native partitioner couldn't handle
4k sector drives).