ifupdown is not installed by preseed, while iproute2 is installed

Hello!

I have been installed Debian Jessie using pressed, after successful install and reboot I realized that eth0 is down and ifupdown package was missing. Why ?
Same preseed file on wheezy installs ifupdown by default.

Then I tried to do

root@localhost:~# apt-get install ifupdown
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  iproute
Suggested packages:
  isc-dhcp-client dhcp-client ppp rdnssd iproute-doc
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  iproute2
  ifupdown iproute
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 524 kB of archives.
After this operation, 74.8 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Looks like iproute2 was installed which
a) conflicts with ifupdown for some reason (why ? I guess it functionally can replace older iproute )
b) can't initiate interfaces alone (perhaps jessie is using newer network initialization method of which I'm not aware)

Thanks!