Re: ifupdown is not installed by preseed, while iproute2 is installed

On 02/03/2015 06:16 PM, Darren Baginski wrote:

Looks like iproute2 was installed which
a) conflicts with ifupdown for some reason (why ? I guess it functionally can replace older iproute )
b) can't initiate interfaces alone (perhaps jessie is using newer network initialization method of which I'm not aware)

Did you install cleanly or do an "upgrade" from wheezy to jessie??
There are times during the "upgrade" path that you can wind up with multiple devices, like eth0 is now eth1, since it already found an eth0 existing. It can be a pain, and so much so that I would suggest most people do a clean install, after a backup of personal files, to Jessie. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html