Re: apt-get / aptitude [g]libc update not to prompt for restart and not restart

On Thursday 29 January 2015 07:50:12 Mihamina RAKOTOMANDIMBY did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Hi all
>
> I'm going to massively upgrade some ghost-vulnerable machines.
>
> Digging into the apt-get or aptitude documentation, I miss the right
> option in order to make it upgrade libc & libc-bin without restarting
> the services and without asking what to do.
>
> Would you know the right option?
>
> Thank you.

This is heart of the system files. To get the fixes into use, you MUST
reboot, no way around it.  To do otherwise WILL leave the machine
vulnerable.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)