Re: Package installation from pendrive

Op Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:30:51 +0100 schreef Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com>:

Hi all.

I installed Debian from a pendrive, everything fine. Now I want to install some packages from there, but the system only accepts CDs for that. If I start the Debian Installer, it wants to format the partition, what I don't want.

Thanks for any help,

Rodolfo

First the standard way:
Make sure you have a line like this in /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://http.debian.net/debian stable main non-free contrib

run
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install <the package you want>

If the program isn't found online, but is on your pendrive
you can install a package with:

sudo dpkg -i <the package you want.deb>

If there are missing dependencies you can fix them (if you are online) with

sudo apt-get -f install

success,

floris