Re: GHOST, Am I ok?

Sven Hartge:
>> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 05:52:49PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
>>>
>>> Look at checkrestart in the debian-goodies package.
>
>> Or alternatively, if you're on testing or newer (or can accept a
>> backport), try needrestart (in its own package) which will inform you
>> after a dpkg run which services need restarting.
>
> needrestart is also available in the official backports.

Thanks for that hint! This should really be installed by default. I
wonder how many systems regularly stay vulnerable even after installing
security patches, just because admins don't realize they may have to
restart some services manually.

J.
--
When I am at nightclubs I enjoy looking at other people and assessing
their imagined problems.