Re: So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

On Friday 23 January 2015 13:46:04 Lisi Reisz did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Friday 23 January 2015 12:42:15 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 23 January 2015 05:47:13 Lisi Reisz did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:

> > > No doubt long experienced drivers of horse drawn carriages thought
> > > that they were well qualified to drive an Alfa Romeo 6C at full
> > > speeed.
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Now be nice Lisi, I was trying to be.
>
> Touché. :-(  Yes, that wasn't very nice.  But one can hardly compare
> 1985 with now!  Hard drives were in single figure gig sizes.
>
> Lisi

You are late to the party Lisi, and I still have several MFM interface 10
and 20 megabyte Tandon drives that did function the last time they were
powered up.  They were on my office CoCo3 when I was the CE at WDTV.  My
own first hard drive here at home, also on a coco3, was a 30 megger.  No
partitions needed there, but when we started using Amiga's for gfx at the
tv station, we did partition them to separate the OS stuffs from the
production stuff. That was in '87 or '88 IIRC.

> > In those days, and even yet in
> > Amish country, the horse drawn carriage is the biggest traffic hazard
> > extant.  Horses occasionally think they know a better way.  Raised on
> > an Iowa farm, I learned 75 years ago that they are not the sharpest
> > tack in the box.
> >
> > Never got the chance to drive a hot Alfa, but was invited to turn a
> > Mercedes 300 SLR loose once, and found it was quite possible to run
> > out of road by the time you snick it into 3rd gear.  I had just
> > repaired the radio in it.  A Telefunkin of course. Gee, that was
> > almost 60 years ago. In those days I thought nothing of going places
> > sensible angels don't.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > --

> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> > US V Castleman, SCOTUS, Mar 2014 is grounds for Impeaching SCOTUS

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)