Re: firefox compaining about missing library

Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> writes:

> On Saturday 17 January 2015 19:32:16 Marc Auslander did opine
> And Gene did reply:
>> Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> writes:
>> > Greetings;
>> >
>> > Does anyone know where to find, for Wheezy, this library?
>> > VDPAU backend libvdpau_nouveau.so?

>> I am running firefox 35 under wheezy with no problem. And I do not
>> have the names library.  I just untar that tarball into /usr/lib and
>> go.
>
> And your video card and driver are?
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

None - I'm running headless with a remote X-server on a windows
desktop.  Sorry for the un-helpful post.

try two - you could try putting
user_pref("layers.acceleration.disabled", true);
into prefs.js

this corresponds to unchecking use hardware acceleration in prefs.

although I'm not sure how this would work unless firefox is
dynamically loading the library.