dpkg error installing ncurses deb made with checkinstall

Hi,

I have previously compiled ncurses 5.9 without a problem.
The config command:
    ./configure --with-shared --enable-termcap --prefix=/usr/local

make install also works on my Debian Wheezy.
I want to use this same package on my server, so I decided to build a deb
using checkinstall. Building is done with this command:

    sudo checkinstall -D --pkgname=ictforce-ncurses-5.9 make install

However, when I try to install the package I get an error on a man page:

Uitpakken van myncurses-5.9 (uit .../myncurses-5.9_5.9-1_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /home/user/src/ncurses-5.9/
myncurses-5.9_5.9-1_amd64.deb (--install):
 unable to open '/usr/local/share/man/man3/menu_new.3menu.gz.dpkg-new':
Bestand of map bestaat niet
 Processing triggers for man-db ...
 Fouten gevonden tijdens behandelen van:
  /home/user/src/ncurses-5.9/myncurses-5.9_5.9-1_amd64.deb

I have tried copying another man page to the location dpkg complains
about, but that doesn't work. Neither does creating an file in the ncurses
man directory prior to running the checkinstall command.
To me, I couldn't care less about the referenced man page, I don't need
it. I can see 2 solutions that could work for me:

1. force install the package as I don't care about the man page and the
man page is not going to hinder the way ncurses runs.

2. get the missing man page in the package so dpkg doesn't complain when
installing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bene