Re: xfs and other filesystems (was Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?)

On Sb, 13 dec 14, 18:38:36, The Wanderer wrote:

> Serious question - I know it has its advantages for particular
> scenarios, but I don't know how it stacks up in general-purpose use, and
> I've never run across an accounting of its disadvantages in a context
> which struck me as reliable.

As far as I understand, xfs is an excelent filesystem and should
probably be considered whenever filesystem performance can significantly
impact your application.

I'm preferring ext4 simply because it's more likely to be supported out
of the box in most scenarios and to keep my installations as simple as
possible as it's unlikely I would feel any real difference by switching
to another filesystem.

Kind regards,
Andrei