Re: Replacing systemd in Jessie

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Sb, 06 dec 14, 13:56:34, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> > > Care to back this up with some data?
> >
> > Why?  You've read this list regarding systemd and Debian same as I.
>
> I did.
>
> > Surely, you have formed some opinions.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Or are no patterns in the discussions apparent to you?
>
> They certainly are, but I have a strong feeling the patterns I am
> seeing are not the same as the ones you are seeing. Still, I try to
> refrain from making claims I can't prove and/or have hard data to
> back them up.

What patterns did you see?

What claims did I make?  What a lot of Debian server admins think of
systemd?  A rhetorical statement.  A lot of Debian server admins
don't like systemd to put it mildly. They said so -- explicitly -- with
various reasons why. Now, whether what they "claimed" is true or not
remains to be seen, but we do know their opinions.