Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On Mon 08 Dec 2014 at 23:13:45 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Monday 08 December 2014 19:00:36 Brian wrote:
> > On Mon 08 Dec 2014 at 17:14:58 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > > On Monday 08 December 2014 16:25:51 Brian wrote:
> > > "Remedial action is not needed because the right choice was made from the
> > > grub menu. If it wasn't, you get to live with the consequences and don't
> > > do it again."  (You)
> >
> > Would you please read
> >
> >   [🔎] 20141205205925.GB20928@copernicus.demon.co.uk">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 20141205205925.GB20928@copernicus.demon.co.uk
> >
> > again?
> >
> >    One could even set up two GRUB entries for the choices. An extra
> >    keystroke or two and one get exactly what one wants. Isn't choice and
> >    control a wonderful thing?
> >
> > This is a proposed solution to having an fsck run only when chosen.
> >
> > Renaud OLGIATI responded
> >
> >    What about the choice to stop fsck it if it has started at an
> > inconvenient moment ?
> >
> > Then I responded as you quote above. It is obvious I am referring back
> > to the solution, where two choices are available. Making a mistake and
> > not choosing the right option is a human thing to do (cf: the rm
> > command) but I went on to point out a fact of life - if booting is
> > broken, you get to keep the pieces.
> >
> > > And that is just the first.  You have been very condemnatory from the
> > > beginning until recently.
> >
> > There are others? It would be only fair to give references so I have the
> > opportunity to correct any further misimpressions.
> >
> > But now it seems that one has to issue a Health Warning - "Yes, it's
> > systemd's fault, for not doing / letting you do Y" - before tackling a
> > problem associated with it. Dream on. There is enough information in
> > this thread for a user to do something about the lack of a previously
> > existing feature other than complain.
>
> Yet again you are saying that it is the OP's fault.

There is no mention of the OP or of his experience in anything quoted
above. My comment was in the context of making one choice out of two
from a GRUB menu. In the case of aborting a fsck there is no choice
available from the menu. I do not know how you can correctly claim I
have said anything was his fault.

As a general point, you appear to believe that the consequences
resulting from making a choice from two GRUB entries lies with other
than the user. If that is so, we will just have to agree to disagree.