Re: no microphone in skype

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/05/2014 11:13 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>>
>> Can someone please tell me how to get microphone working in Skype?
>>
>> When I do
>> Skype -> Options -> Sound Devices -> Make a test call
>>
>> I can't hear back my own voice. So the microphone is not working.
>>
>> In "Open PulseAudio Volume Control" -> Input Devices , I see two sections
>> 1. Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
>> 2. QuickCam Pro 9000 Analog Mono
>>
>> When I make a sound, the blue bar in "QuickCam Pro 9000 Analog Mono"
>> section oscillates depending on the sound. But the blue bar in the
>> Built-in Audio section does not. This tells me that the microphone is
>> working but Skype is not able to use it somehow.
>>
>> I tried clicking "Muto Audio" button in "Built-in Audio" section and
>> using the QuickCam Pro 900 as the fallback (green button at the top
>> right)
>>
>> In the "Configuation" menu, I have set Built-in Audio profile to off,
>> QuickCam Pro 9000 Profile to "Analog Mono Input". What am I missing?
>>
>> rajulocal@hogwarts:~$ dpkg -l skype \*pulseaudio\* | grep ^ii
>> ii  pulseaudio                 5.0-13       amd64        PulseAudio sound
>> server
>> ii  pulseaudio-module-x11      5.0-13       amd64        X11 module
>> for PulseAudio sound server
>> ii  pulseaudio-utils           5.0-13       amd64        Command line
>> tools for the PulseAudio sound server
>> ii  skype                      4.3.0.37-1   i386         Wherever you
>> are, wherever they are
>>
>> If someone got Skype working can you please share your configuration
>> details?
>

> Do you have pavucontrol installed?? That should certainly help. Ric

Yes, of course. When I do Skype -> Options -> Sound Devices -> Open
PulseAudio Volume Control, the window that actually pops up is
pavucontrol. As indicated in the first email, this is what I was using
to fiddle with the input devices and the configuration.

rajulocal@hogwarts:~/x$ readlink -f `which pavucontrol`
/usr/bin/pavucontrol
rajulocal@hogwarts:~/x$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/pavucontrol
pavucontrol: /usr/bin/pavucontrol
rajulocal@hogwarts:~/x$ dpkg -l pavucontrol | grep ^ii
ii  pavucontrol    2.0-1        amd64        PulseAudio Volume Control