Email remote backup via pop3s

Hi all!

I am developing a bash script to make a local backup of the email on the
remote mail server. The first approach was to make a backup of all
remote email. I could develop it with fetchmail smoothly. Thus using the
"keep" parameter, I could make the backup without deleting the emails on
the remote server.

Now I'm trying to implement additional functionality: make a backup but
only those emails coming from specific addresses. I had initially
implemented this with fetchmail + procmail to only store locally the
emails coming from those addresses, but then I realized that this
solution does not work for this purpose because despite only it store
emails specified, fetchmail read all emails and not only the specified
emails.

Is there any way to download with fetchmail only the specified email
without read other emails on the server? If not, do you know any other
tool that can do this?

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel