Re: Debian fork: 'Devuan', Debian without Systemd

[ Apologies to others for maybe prolonging this, but I can't let this
  go uncorrected... ]

Thiago wrote:
>>> Jessie isn't Debian.
>>
>> So you say. Others have a different opinion.
>
>Absolutely, it is just an opinion, I know.
>
>Also, it seems to be Joey's opinion too: "It's become abundantly clear
>that this is no longer the project I
>originally joined in 1996."
>
>https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/11/msg00174.html
>
>And, Joey's opinion is very, very strong. He can talk about this, more
>than anyone.
>
>So, Jessie isn't Debian anymore... Soon or later, everybody will realize that.
>
>Right now, I'm very concerned about Debian's stability, I'm using it
>(since Potato) because it is _stable_, release after release, but,
>when with systemd, it will not be that stable anymore, it is
>impossible to be, mostly because systemd itself it too new and poorly
>designed, not ready for production. Maybe in ~2020, who knows...

Spout crap if you like (but please do it elsewhere), but don't put
words into Joey's mouth. As he later clarified in
http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/on_leaving/ :

 "I left Debian. I don't really have a lot to say about why, but I do
  want to clear one thing up right away. It's not about systemd."

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead