Re: Replacing systemd in Jessie

On Thu 04 Dec 2014 at 09:33:30 -0800, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Dec 2014, Brad Rogers wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 3 Dec 2014 09:24:03 -0800
> > Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Patrick,
> >
> > >use and no one else's, why distribute it at all?
> >
> > Simple:  Ego.
> >

> Perhaps.  Or insecurity, and the need for validation.  Or arrogance.
> Or all the above.

Mmm. I write some programs which perform useful jobs for me. Maybe they
include a browser or a mailer or an init system, I do it to scratch my
itch and because it is fun.

Then I ask myself: maybe they might benefit someone? So I distribute
them, allowing anyone to do the same even after altering them. It could
be some of the changes could benefit my way of working but it doesn't
really matter as I'm happy with what I produced.

So that makes me

  * Egotistcal
  * Insecure
  * Requiring validation
  * Arrogant

It probably also makes my behaviour stupid. But stupidity is in short
supply as you two have a monopoly on it and it doesn't look like you
you are going to do any sharing.