Re: Replacing systemd in Jessie

On Tuesday 02 December 2014 07:05:09 Patrick Bartek wrote:
> User's do contrain.  They even dictate.  Always have.  Developers
> should, if they are samrt, be developing what customers want or need.
> Not the other way around. That's the formula for going out of business.
> Listening to your customers as well as your potential customers is just
> good business.

What customers??  This is open source.  Developers do not need, if they do not
want to, to take any notice of anyone but themselves.  They do not need
customers.  This is the basic misconception.  Developers do not need us, the
users.  We need them.  This is NOT a business.  It will go "out of business"
(having not been one in the first place) not if it loses all its users (who
are NOT customers) but if it loses all its developers.

Lisi