Re: Creating a peculiar Live-CD

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Sb, 29 nov 14, 16:46:01, Richard Owlett wrote:

Application 2:
Extremely secure browsing and email for me on my personal machine.

https://tails.boum.org/

I wasn't thinking in terms of personal privacy, but what I think of as "system security".

My *personal idiosyncratic* views of "system security" include (but not limited to): 1. preventing others on the network executing code on my machine and/or reading/writing writing my files. Good iptables probably adequate. 2. Explicit control of when or if a program may access the network - functionality similar to COMODO for Windows machines. I've heard augments that such are
     unnecessary, BUT it is a *SPECIFICATION* of my goal.