Re: Replacing systemd in Jessie

Ric Moore wrote:
On 11/30/2014 11:27 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:

I fear that once systemd is firmly entrenched in Debian as the default
init more distros will follow suit, and more and more developers will
start writing apps with systemd, or parts of it, as a dependency
for the "features" it offers.

Every other distro of merit has long since made the switch. We're just late to the party. Are you just figuring it out now? Ric

Just to be clear... you're saying that Slackware, Gentoo, and their derivatives are not "distros of merit?" Or, for that matter, BSD and illumos derivatives?

At least some of us see the move to systemd (and it's hairball of related code) as turning Debian from perhaps the premier distro, into something no longer "of merit."

Some parties are simply not worth attending (better never, than late, so to speak).

Just one man's opinion.

Miles Fidelman