Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

Miles Fidelman writes:
> If I'm an upstream developer, and I want my stuff to run on Debian, I
> now have to include systemd init scripts (or the packagers do).

Very few packages need init scripts.  When they are the Debian package
maintainer writes them no matter what init system is in use.  In any
case, Systemd reads sysvinit scripts.  Debian's choice of Systemd as
default init imposes no requirements whatever on upstreams.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com