Re: End of hypocrisy ?

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Joel Rees wrote:
> > This is precisely why systemd should have been brought up to speed in
> > a separate, parallel, volunteer-only distro.
> >
> > (If you don't understand what I mean by a separate, parallel,
> > volunteer-only distribution, think of kfreebsd, but a little closer to
> > home.)
> >
> > I'd still say there's time for debian to go for a course correction,
>
> Seriously?
>
> What is sid for?

I believe the point was that it should be "make before break".  They
should have allowed people to use systemd without preventing people
from not using it.  They didn't make a new system without breaking the
old one.  They broke the old one while trying to build the new one.
That is the problem.  You shouldn't burn down your old house while you
are still designing and building your new house.

Bob