Re: End of hypocrisy ?

On 8/8/14, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 12:05 AM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu 07 Aug 2014 at 16:53:10 +0300, David Baron wrote:

>>> Wish there were not so many bugs around systemd. No objection to it as
>>> long as
>>> it works.
>>
>> The number of bugs on
>>

>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=systemd;dist=unstable
>>
>> doesn't seen that high for a package of its importance and visibility.
>> Most reports have had a response. Some reports are not bugs.
>>
>> If you value a low blood pressure don't look at the bug page for apt. :)
>
> This is precisely why systemd should have been brought up to speed in
> a separate, parallel, volunteer-only distro.
>
> (If you don't understand what I mean by a separate, parallel,
> volunteer-only distribution, think of kfreebsd, but a little closer to
> home.)
>
> I'd still say there's time for debian to go for a course correction,

Seriously?

What is sid for?

I guess by that logic, the big X11 changes should have been in
such a parallel debian, and the libc5->libc6 likewise?

Which types of big changes should be in your proposed
separate, parallel, volunteer-only (as if Debian is not)
distribution?

Perhaps we could call that, oh I dunno, Debian experimental?

> but everyone seems to be determined to ignore the obvious.

Hell no! I think we should encourage a Debian experimental
distro, which is volunteer only (absolutely no paid contributors)
and should be separate to sid and testing.