Re: End of hypocrisy ?

On Thu 07 Aug 2014 at 16:53:10 +0300, David Baron wrote:

> On Thursday 07 August 2014 14:21:45 Brian wrote:
> >
> > This is part of the transition to systemd plan.
> >
> >     https://lists.debian.org/87mwc9gfsw.fsf@xoog.err.no
> >
> > Also, for those who care, libpam-systemd's Depends: line now has
> >
> >     systemd-sysv | systemd-shim
>
> Should the dsf-53.3 versions be installed or does it matter?
> systemd-shim is NOT installed (had installed on previous 32 bit system as I
> said). Or are these obsolete, being handled by systemd-sysv so can/should be
> removed or does it matter?

The transition hasn't been completed yet, I'd install and hold off any
tidying until it has been and you remain a happy camper. The neat
fallback SysV init binary feature of sysvinit might be something you
want to keep.

> Wish there were not so many bugs around systemd. No objection to it as long as
> it works.

The number of bugs on

   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=systemd;dist=unstable

doesn't seen that high for a package of its importance and visibility.
Most reports have had a response. Some reports are not bugs.

If you value a low blood pressure don't look at the bug page for apt. :)