Re: End of hypocrisy, beginning of reason

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 2:53 AM, Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 01:01:57AM CEST, AW <debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com> said:
>> On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 17:57:02 -0400
>> Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> journalctl SYSLOG_FACILITY=4
>>
>> Thanks!
>> But why '4'? Why not '42'? Or even better...
>> journalctl show auth
>> journalctl show apache2
>> journalctl show postgresql
>> or even better still
>> journalctl show -v postgresql
>
> man says it is journalctl [OPTIONS] [MATCHES] what MATCHES are is not
> defined.
>
> just examples where we have to guess there are "fields" (list not given) two of them can be _SYSTEMD_UNIT and _PID
>
> Reading this I feel I am told "this is not for you, you are only a suer and you are not allowed to know"

You have to read more than the first lines of a man page to learn how
to use a command.

"man ps" has "ps [options]" and "man nmap" has "nmap [Scan Type...]
[Options] {target specification}"...

See the last lines of my earlier email to display the fields with tab
completion:

Also:

man journalctl
man systemd.journal-fields