Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Mon 07 Jul 2014 at 09:46:22 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

> Doubting the veracity of information you are given is one of the
> responsibilities you accept when you start thinking for yourself.

Thinking doesn't stop at doubting.

> Calling a peson's choice about how he spends his time "dubious grounds" is
> one of the principle tools of tyranny. Even parents trying to help children
> understand they are the root cause of their own problems should avoid using
> such arguments.

The basis for the original doubt appeared to be the list of systemd's
core components; the technical point that journald can be disabled was
ignored. It was the reasoning I found dubious.

Erwan David has my apologies if what was said came through as dictating
how to spend his time.

> And your response is a prime example of the reason systemd advocates are
> seen as more than pushy.

If giving a technical answer to a technical question ("Can you run
systemd without logind or journald?") is seen as advocacy we are in a
bad way.