Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

2014/07/07 3:18 "Brian" <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>:

> On Sun 06 Jul 2014 at 19:35:43 +0200, Erwan David wrote:

> > > Did you try the command above? I did; plugging in a USB stick is
> > > recorded in syslog. Perhaps you could extend and improve on this
> > > very quick test.
> > >

> > Having other things to do than testing the replacement of a perfectly
> > working system, without any migration doc (I only found reference
> > docyumentation meant for people already knowing the system) this test is
> > not for me.
>
> You had the time on similar dubious grounds to doubt the veracity of the
> information you were given.

Doubting the veracity of information you are given is one of the responsibilities you accept when you start thinking for yourself.

Calling a peson's choice about how he spends his time "dubious grounds" is one of the principle tools of tyranny. Even parents trying to help children understand they are the root cause of their own problems should avoid using such arguments.

And your response is a prime example of the reason systemd advocates are seen as more than pushy.