Re: >800MiB of archives - only 2 changelogs ?? - debmirror related?

On Mi, 14 mai 14, 14:23:37, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> Is there a rationale for showing NEWS files, or what they're s'posed
> to contain? I'm not seeing why news files are displayed only, or the
> significance of them, based on the ones I've read.

NEWS.Debian.gz is supposed to contain important upgrade information for
users of the package in question. See for example the file for
ca-certificates (hint: NEWS.Debian.gz is installed under
/usr/share/doc/<package>/)

Kind regards,
Andrei