Re: /etc/modules not loading b43

On 05/07/2014 11:19 AM, Slavko wrote:
Ahoj,

Dňa Tue, 06 May 2014 17:46:29 -0500 Kent West <westk@acu.edu> napísal:

I'm running Debian jessie/sid (3.14-1-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.14.2-1
(2014-04-28) i686 GNU/Linux) on a MacBook (older white model).

It has the Broadcom BCM4321 wireless chipset (arg! non-free!).

When I boot, the b43 module is not auto-loading; I can drop into a
terminal and "sudo modprobe b43), and my wireless comes up.

So I added the single line:
   b43

to the /etc/modules file, and on reboot, the module does not load:
"lsmod | grep b43" shows nothing. If I then modprobe it, the lsmod
command shows 6 or 7 items and the network works.

How can I get the module to load at startup instead of me having to
manually modprobe it every time?
Basically you did it right. Please, check the files
under the /etc/modprobe.d, if there is not blacklisted something
related. E.g.:

blacklist b43

Or, perhaps some module on which the b43 depends... These can be local
changes or file installed by another package (non-free driver?)

That was it. In earlier attempts to get wireless working, the wl driver mustv'e been tried, which blacklisted the b43 bits.

Thanks!

--
Kent