Re: How to get D-I to put /boot on a flash drive?

On Mi, 07 mai 14, 02:28:41, Lee Winter wrote:
> If I want / to be on a hard drive and /boot to be on a separate drive
> or partition D-I appears to handle this request gracefully.
>
> But if I put / on a hard drive logical partition and /boot on a
> bootable flash drive partition, e.g, /dev/sdc1, it appears that there
> is no boot loader (e.g,, GRUB or LiLo) that can install itself.
>
> There are very many tutorials on how to get an install image or a live
> image onto a bootable flash drive, but I've not been able to find one
> that works with the boot info in /boot on a flash drive and the rest
> of the system on an HDD partition.

In theory it should be enough to make sure grub is installed in the MBR
of the flash drive, *not* the harddisk.

You might also want to check the partitioning on the flash drive, don't
have a regular partition table, but only a partition spanning the entire
drive and I'm not sure grub will like this.

Kind regards,
Andrei