Re: Upgrade debacle........

On Sat, 3 May 2014 01:12:23 -0400 Tom H sent:

> And the message:
> Try running the command
>   gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders >
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache
> to make things work again for the time being.

That's what I did:

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache

What fuller path should I have used? I'm afraid I don't understand what
your saying? But that could just be me. I just checked my original
email in case I didn't run it right. But I copied it from my terminal
as it was presented there. So I'm not certain that I could have run in
more fuller with path. I think that was the path?

And the file, "loaders.cache" did exist but was empty.

I also tried other commands that Ralf suggested, but none of them
worked.

When running the full path later, I received a message something like:

su-: gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders not found on this system? or similar.

So I'd be pleased to have you tell me what would have been a more full
path to run so I know in the future.

Thanks.

Be well,
Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	The cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life
	which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the
	long run. .....................Henry David Thoreau