Re: JWM was: [...]

On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 11:46 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Fri, 02 May 2014 10:40:39 +0200
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm not booted to my Debian now, so here's a screenshot of my Arch's
> > JWM: http://picpaste.com/pics/jwm.1399019915.png
>
> xfce4-appfinder is one of the most useful pieces of software I've ever
> seen. No matter what Desktop Environment I intend to use, I always
> install Xfce just to get xfce4-appfinder.

:)

I use several Xfce4 apps, not only the appfinder. I'm sick of using
Xfce, but some apps Xfce provides are amazing and I want Xfce just in
case, that JWM should fail. Btw. I guess I've Xfce4 installed for my
Debian too, but I never used it. I tested KDE4 on Debian and then
decided to use JWM.

For my Debian's JWM I'm using the KDE4 file manager, it does provide GUI
file browsing and a terminal emulation, that does follow the GUI file
browsing. Perhaps I'll replace Thunar by this KDE thingy for my Arch's
JWM too.

I don't care about HDD space, I only dislike DEs/WMs that need CPU/RAM
resources for stuff I don't need or that automagically do things I don't
want them to do and I'm sick of building Arch and Debian dummy packages,
to get rid of software I don't like, just because many packages of many
DEs come with grotesque hard dependencies.