WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /home/username/.cache/keyring-XXXXXX/pkcs11: No such file or directory

debian-user:

I'm running MATE on Debian Wheezy amd64. SMPlayer is unable to play *.wav files (double-click on file in Caja, SMPlayer opens but nothing happens). If I start mplayer from the shell, the music plays but I see the subject warning:

    $ mplayer Data/dpchrist/Music/Rush/Moving\ Pictures/01\ Tom\ Sawyer.wav
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /home/dpchrist/.cache/keyring-gEGbS3/pkcs11: No such file or directory

STFW I've run into this problem before with XFCE:

Which lead to this solution for LXDE:

http://hongouru.blogspot.com.ar/2012/07/solved-warning-gnome-keyring-couldnt.html

Which I modified for XFCE:

I'm wondering if the above solution is what I need for MATE. Checking the file system, I see:

    /etc/xdg/autostart/mate-keyring-pkcs11.desktop

Which has a setting:

    OnlyShowIn=MATE;

I also see:

    /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop

With the setting:

    OnlyShowIn=GNOME;Unity;

My guess is that MATE, mplayer, and/or smplayer aren't integrated, and that the above solution might work if I add MATE to the gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop file and/or add GNOME to the mate-keyring-pkcs11.desktop file (?).

Any suggestions?

TIA,

David