Re: Wheezy VirtualBox guest 1920x1080 resolution

On 05/01/2014 03:46 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
I'm assuming you installed Virtualbox from the "official" Debian Repo,
and not from Oracle's Virtualbox Debian repo.

Yes.

Usually, when you install Virtualbox from the Debian Repo, Guest
Additions get installed and configured to run in each Guest you create.
You don't have to do anything.

I thought as much.

Here's a simple way to check if Guest Additions are installed and
working on a Guest.  With the Guest running, move the mouse cursor
over the Guest Window.  Is the cursor automatically captured without
clicking?  When you move the cursor off the Guest Window and onto the
Host, is it automatically released?  If both things happen, Additions
are running.

When I move the pointer on the host over a non-GUI VM window, the pointer disappears but the window does not get the focus. When I move the mouse back, the pointer reappears.

For Guest Additions to be installed from within a running Guest, if
they weren't installed initially, you must download the Guest Addition
ISO and "recognize" it with the Virtualbox's Virtual Media Manager.

VBox downloaded the ISO image. If I choose Devices -> Install Guest Additions with a GUI client, the CD VBOXADDITIONS_4.1.18_78361 is mounted and an icon appears on the desktop. Opening the CD in Pluma (MATE file manager), I see files. Choosing "Open Autorun Prompt" and "Run", I get an error dialog:

    Error autorunning software

    Cannot find the autorun program

But, the problem is already solved:

David