Re: Wheezy VirtualBox guest 1920x1080 resolution

On 04/30/2014 06:05 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
Did Virtualbox's Guest Additions get installed?

I previously STFW for Guest Additions but found conflicting posts.

Searching Apt on the host, I see:

2014-04-30 19:17:08 dpchrist@i72600s ~
$ apt-cache search virtualbox | grep guest
virtualbox-guest-dkms - x86 virtualization solution - guest addition module source for dkms virtualbox-guest-source - x86 virtualization solution - guest addition module source virtualbox-guest-utils - x86 virtualization solution - non-X11 guest utilities
virtualbox-guest-x11 - x86 virtualization solution - X11 guest utilities
virtualbox-ose-guest-dkms - transitional package for virtualbox-guest-dkms
virtualbox-ose-guest-source - transitional package for virtualbox-guest-source
virtualbox-ose-guest-utils - transitional package for virtualbox-guest-utils
virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 - transitional package for virtualbox-guest-x11

I don't know if virtualbox-guest-x11 is the right one, but it doesn't appear to be installed:

2014-04-30 19:17:19 dpchrist@i72600s ~
$ dpkg-query --list virtualbox-guest-x11
dpkg-query: no packages found matching virtualbox-guest-x11

Installing it and testing the client -- nope.

If I select Devices -> Install Guest Additions... in the guest, I get a pop-up dialog that it can't find the ISO image. When I attempted to type the dialog text into this e-mail, my keystrokes when to the dialog, I have no idea what it did, and now the "Install Guest Additions..." option is disabled...

Start -> System -> Preferences ->  Monitors on the client is unchanged.

If so, then, maybe, the virtual graphics card doesn't support 1920x1080.Just a first guess. Check how much memory you've allotted to the
virtual card.

32 MB

David