Re: dict - phrase challenged

On 5/2/14, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2014-05-01, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
>> As posted already, this is the solution that works:
>>
>> dict ad\\\ rem
>
> curty@einstein:~$ dict ad\\\ rem
> No definitions found for "ad\ rem"

"From Dutch-English Freedict Dictionary ver. 0.1.3 [fd-nld-eng]"

I include the XLANG-to-english packages, so I can get a feel for where
words came from sometimes.

> This works for me:
>
> dict ipso\\ facto
>
> Which provides the same output as:
>
> dict ipso facto
>
> I think I'll try *ad infinitum* next.

I get nothing like the same output:
----
$ dict ipso facto
No definitions found for "ipso", perhaps you mean:
bouvier:  IPSE
gcide:  Iso-
fd-cro-eng:  iso
fd-hun-eng:  ipse
fd-por-eng:  isso
fd-cym-eng:  piso
fd-hrv-eng:  iso
fd-swh-eng:  ipo
fd-spa-eng:  piso
foldoc:  pso  iso  ips
vera:  iso  ips  ispo  wipso  imso  ipto  ipse  ipsj  ipsp
wn:  ipo
3 definitions found

>From Bouvier's Law Dictionary, Revised 6th Ed (1856) [bouvier]:

  FACTO. In fact, in contradistinction to the lawfulness of the thing; it is
  applied to anything actually done. Vide Ex Post Facto.

>From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:

  Facto \Fac"to\, adv. [L., ablative of factum deed, fact.] (Law)
     In fact; by the act or fact.
     [1913 Webster]

     {De facto}. (Law) See {De facto}.
        [1913 Webster]

>From Portuguese-English FreeDict Dictionary ver. 0.1.1 [fd-por-eng]:

  facto
   fact

----
justa@x220a02 20140502 12:55:51 ~ $ dict ipso\\ facto
2 definitions found

>From English - German Dictionary 1.7 [english-german]:

  ipso facto

     allein durch Tatsache

>From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:

  ipso facto
      adv 1: by the fact itself; "ipso facto, her innocence was
             established"

----
So no ipso for the facto on an "ipso facto" dict, but the fact of facto only;
whilst factually only "ipso facto" definition output, for dict search
fact result-o of "dict ipso\\ facto".
I must not have tried hard no, with the dict back-slash yo!

Hanging my head in shame oh, oh the shame oh the shame oh!

Perhaps *it's getting pretty old* now-o ?

Thanks all,
Zenaan