Re: Locatedb not Updating

On Mon 31 Mar 2014 at 23:07:24 +0300, David Baron wrote:

> > In the same mail an observation was made. It implied that the file
> > cron-spamassassin-rules was put in /etc/cron.daily by you and not by a
> > Debian package. Do you have a response to that too?
>
> Here is the contents
> #!/bin/sh -e
> #
>         spamd -4
>         # do spamassassin rules update
>         echo "Updating Spamassassin rules..."
>         sa-update&
>         sleep 30
>         #echo "Restarting Spamassassin daemon..."
>         /etc/init.d/spamassassin restart
>         echo "Done."
>         #echo "Restarting Fetchmail daemon..."
>         /etc/init.d/fetchmail restart
>         echo "Done."

We'll now assume this file is not from a Debian package and that anacron
comes to a halt when running it because it is defective. Repairing it
may be the subject of another thread.

Meanwhile: Please follow the detailed instructions you have been given.
Moving cron-spamassassin-rules out of cron.daily should allow anacron to
process all the other files in the directory.

Once you have solved the problem posed in the subject of this thread you
can go on to dealing with the wayward file.